From: Shelby BeackerDate: March 17, 2011 4:44:18 AM PDTSubject: Front Page News
99,
Wanted to share an article from a paper that was on the front page of
the special section covering the Tsunami. Apologize if the scan is a
bit rough, but the area with the dark boarder around it is the article.
The headline basically says JMSDF and USN participating in largest
humanitarian effort.
RONALD REAGAN and HYUGA are specifically mentioned - there is a vertical
line next to each ship name in the lower left quadrant of the article
The picture is of a USN air crewman delivering relief
The 'comic' in the upper left is a file photo of RRN an Hyuga and it
shows how they are working together to bring aid ashore. And how the
helicopters sometimes go between ships to move aid, etc.
I don't get into town very often but every citizen that is out takes the
time to bow to me and says "THANK YOU" for what they believe I'm doing.
I can not take any credit for that but wanted to make sure you know how
much this entire country feels indebted to what you are doing out there.
With great respect,
Shelby
Attempting to provide insight into daily life in Japan since the earthquakes and tsunami occurred on March 11, 2011.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
An Email From a Co-Worker
I wanted to share this email a coworker of mine, LCDR Shelby Baecker, sent back to our Strike Group, because he gives insight into perceptions of the work that is being done by our Strike Group ships' Sailors and aircrewmen. I could not upload the picture he mentions, but it depicts a Japanese individual hugging a helicopter pilot after goods have been delivered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment